Pauline Reese



Pauline Reese is a rising singer, songwriter, actress, and model hailing from Austin, Texas. As the 2010 TMA Entertainer of the Year, Pauline is a fan favorite at festivals throughout Texas. She has shared the bill with country music legends such as Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Mark Chesnut, and the Bellamy Brothers. Pauline kindly joined Artist Spotlight to discuss her new album, her upcoming shows, and her support of breast cancer research, thyroid disease research, and Farm Aid.



Tell us more about your new album. What was your inspiration for the songs?
Actually “Rolling Stone” is not the latest album. I’m currently in the studio working on album #6 (to be titled). Our first single will be released June 1st & it’s called “First Love”.

“Rolling Stone” is by far my favorite of all of my projects thus far. The songs came from life’s experiences. Love lost & found as well as the importance of true friendship. Everyone can find at least one song to relate to no matter the age.




Do you have a favorite song you have recorded or a song that is particularly dear to your heart?
I would have to say “Feet Don’t Touch the Ground” which is a song I wrote for my husband. I’ve never loved someone so much & then been loved back the same in return. Just to see his face makes me smile...



What is your all-time favorite song (by another artist)?
Well that’s a hard question to answer! It depends on the day. Today would be “A Bloody Mary Morning”, lol!!!



Is there any artist you dream of performing with someday?
Willie Nelson again!



What message would you like your music to convey to the listener?
Happiness, healing & smiles.



Name five adjectives that describe you as a person.
Loving, caring, determined, devoted & joyful



Name five adjectives that describe your music.
Inspiring, joyful, heartfelt, real & relatable



Name five performers who have influenced you most as an artist.
Willie Nelson, Allman Brothers, Jerry Reed, Emmy Lou Harris, Shelby Lynn (this is another hard question to answer for me because I hear music that I love & it influences me).



Tell us more about your movie debut and your modeling projects.
The film/movie industry is something I have always dreamed of pursuing. The opportunity presented itself for me to star as the lead role in a Western. I’ve always been an admirer of the spaghetti westerns, Bonanza, The Rifle Man etc... This was my chance to prove that I could hang with the boys as an outlaw! In real life I love being with my horse & teaching her new tricks, it’s very therapeutic!

Modeling is another outlet I’ve always been a part of. My three sisters are much older (don’t tell them I told you that) & all modeled when I was little. Since they were my role models (pun intended) I learned real fast how to do hair & make-up. I love that the boundaries are changing in the industry & they are adding plus size models. God made everyone in different shapes & sizes. If he hadn’t how boring would that be?




Can you tell us more about the charities and causes you support?
I have two causes that are special to me, one being breast cancer awareness. My grandmother passed after two mastectomies & chemo which was hard for everyone to see her go thru. Another would be Thyroid Disease which I was diagnosed with in 2000. Not much research has been done which was a little disturbing when I was first diagnosed (ok honestly it was a lot disturbing). I love my career because it allows me the opportunity to help raise money for research.



What do you consider the highlight of your career, thus far?
Farm Aid was a huge highlight for me! Having the Indians dance on stage to one of my songs, supporting family farmers & teaching kids how to eat healthy & seeing all the great acts live & from the stage was a dream!



What projects will you be working on this year? Any plans to tour?
My most current project is a step outside of the box using a new Producer “Justin Pollard”. We have already started the song selecting & recording process & I was blown away with our June 1st single “First Love”. I got chills listening to our rough mix so I can’t imagine what the finished product will sound like. As for our tour schedule we are in the heat of it now! We’re playing a lot of festivals, rodeos & clubs. Since signing with AUE out of Austin I spend more time with my band than with my family (not really they go on the road with us most of the time). Check my website www.PaulineReese.com to see us in a city near you!





Thanks to Pauline for sharing her time and talent. Check out Pauline's country albums Just Getting Started, Rolling Stone, Too Texas - Live At Cherry Ridge, The Good The Bad And The Ugly, Trail To Monterrey, and the compilation album Dance Halls and Last Calls.
Visit www.paulinereese.com and www.myspace.com/pauline reese








For more information about breast cancer research, please visit http://www.bcrfcure.org/
For more information about thyroid disease, please visit http://www.thyroid.org/
For more information about Farm Aid, please visit http://www.farmaid.org/site/c.qlI5IhNVJsE/b.2723595/k.EE67/Family_Farmers_Good_Food_A_Better_America.htm



*******************************